Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 15 - I Will Never Forget

I will never forget as I sat and wait at the doctor's bench
I will never forget as I called Daniel and sense something amiss in his voice
I will never forget as my church friends came and prayed with me the night before my first operation
I will never forget the kindness of the doctors who operated on me
I will never forget how Samuel was fast asleep in my womb throughout the 3 operations I have had
I will never forget the tears shed in secret by members of my family
I will never forget the tears shed in secret as I cried to the Lord in the middle of the night
I will never forget the gifts of love that people freely gave to me
I will never forget the prayers uttered and plead from sincere hearts just to see me well
I will never forget how one prayed that God would give some years from her life to me
I will never forget the regular prayer meetings we had with family and friends
I will never forget the times God took care of dear Sarah while the family was all busy with my illness
I will never forget how God spoke to me as I walked along the beach
I will never forget the promises He gave me to cling onto as we went ahead with chemotherapy
I will never forget the journeys to KK as I went for my treatments
I will never forget the many bandanas I had to cover up my bald head
I will never forget the gentle strokes on my back as I sat for hours in the chemotherapy room
I will never forget the home-cooked lunches my mom and mom in law would prepare for me
I will never forget those who sat by my side during the hours of my treatment
I will never forget the smile shown by the fiercest nurse around and her parting words, "We are all praying for you"
I will never forget the smses I received and the comfort it gave me and Daniel
I will never forget my walks along the beaches with my husband and my daughter [and my son in me]
I will never forget how hearty my appetite was during my pregnancy and chemotherapy
I will never forget how I did not throw up, not even once during my pregnancy and chemotherapy
I will never forget how my blood counts would plunge to dangerous lows at each third week of my treatments
I will never forget how the scan revealed that my baby was to be a son
I will never forget how the Lord placed the name 'Samuel' in our hearts
I will never forget how my heart aches for just a chance to carry Sarah
I will never forget the many people who turned up in the hospital on July 15 three years ago
I will never forget the scene as the operating door separate me from my loved ones
I will never forget the kind hands of all who was part of the surgery team
I will never forget those precious words, "Your son is doing fine and he has been moved to the normal ward"
I will never forget the impish face of my son and his head full of hair
I will never forget how God kept His promise to me
I will never forget how I would testify of this good thing that was happening to me
I will never forget how in all, God reached out to me through everyone and through all things
I will never forget that God is who He said He is - Faithful, Sovereign, Just and Merciful
I will never forget...
Let me never forget and let all who see and hear never forget

No comments: