Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cooking at Home

On the cooking front, it has been active as I find food outside laden with salt and all forms of artificial tasters which are really not good for our bodies. And organic vegetables here are really very affordable so that has been a non-variable in our family. Tried out a couple of new recipes. For the char siew recipe below, I have my friend Shaz to thank for. The yummy char siew recipe can be seen at her blog www.feedingmykidsbetter.com. I tried it out and it is really simple. I make extras so I can use it for several meals. 

My first attempt using shoulder loin.

My second attempt with organic soba ramen and quails eggs.


This final recipe is one I have been wanting to make and it is really easy and very healthy. And very inexpensive compared to those bought from supermarkets. Organic Hummus [sort of] with my flourless bread from the organic shop makes up my simple lunch on days I teach Sarah and Samuel. 

Recipe improvised from Healthy Heart Cookbook:
  • 250g Cooked Chick Peas [Garbanzo Peas]
  • 3 tbsp Organic Tahini
  • 4 tbsp Lemon [subjected to personal preference]
  • 3 cloves of Garlic
  • A pinch of Organic Tummeric
  • Put all ingredients into a processor and blend it really smooth. Garnish with paprika or parsley to serve


Second Attempt. 

I have since learnt to buy cooked chickpeas as it takes hours to cook your own chickpeas. And with all the right ingredients, it really takes a fast 10 minutes to have your very own organic hummus. 

No comments: