Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Normal Week Begins





Finally, 3 weeks into Jan, my thoughts and priorities are slowly being sorted out. My struggles and weaknesses and natural tendencies which constantly distract me from my main purposes in life are perpetually filtered to the surface as I seek for His direction in my life. I am thankful for that....because knowing what my struggles are, would bring me closer to realizing the purposes that God wants to fulfill in my life. This week, I am glad that even in the midst of understanding God's purpose in my life, much things of 2010 have fallen into place. 

Mon - Rest day with Family. We managed to run some errands, buy a new bird for the garden and go off the our hairdresser to have Sarah's and my hair trimmed for the festive season. 


Tues, Thurs - Yes, School of Tots has resumed.  I foresee that it will be an exciting year. We are embarking on a simple curriculum and I like it because it includes things which I want to introduce Sarah and Samuel too. In particular, memorizing scripture, discovery and exploration of the world through simple science and more art and craft. We had good time of concentration with the tots as they blew at paint through straws, played their flashlights, messed around with splotches of finger paint and tried their hand at Oobleck, a non-newtonian fluid, popularized by Dr Suess [made up of 2 parts cornflour and 1 part water]. Oobleck was totally fascinating to me because to make it was easy peasy but to explore it, was intriguing. I think Sarah and Samuel would have gone on for a long time playing oobleck if they had a choice. Beautiful object lessons to direct our attention to the creation of God in light and matter. Read http://chiaochyi.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/school-of-tots-resumes/ for more on our school:) 


Wed Morning - Started my special learning time with Sarah and Samuel. For this month, we are looking at Apples as a catapult from "How to Make Apple Pie and See the World." To kick start our Apple series, they painted their own apple trees. The trees were later wrapped with plastic wrap and attached with some lovely apple pegs picked up from Daiso, the amazing $2 shop. Samuel particularly enjoys counting the apples on the tree. To help them recognize the letter 'a', we had a simple time of stamping 'a's all over a clean piece of paper. 








Wed Afternoon - It was an impromptu birthday lunch for dear Hannah. 3 little tots and 2 mommies and a helper made an interestingly peaceful and enjoyable lunch date at Earl Swensen's. To my little niece who is quite a master at enunciation, blessed 26th month birthday:)

can't you just hear Samuel calling, "Hannahhhh"

Wed Evening - Daddy Daniel finally set up some second hand shelves which I bought from Prints, the branch which closed down at City Link sometime early last year. And thus, Sarah and Samuel's little Curiosity & Catapult Corner was set up, much to mommy's delight. 

Thurs - Kids go off to Agong and Ama's house while Mommy does her things. Meet up with Rach for belated 21st, bought groceries, exercise and did my reading.

Fri - Seletar Fun for the kids. Apart from the distance, I love this place - so nice and quiet and there is so much to do there for the tots. 

Sat - Our weekly Sat family breakfast has now found a comfortable spot at YMCA, just a few floors below Sarah's Ballet Studio. Eating a simple breakfast spread, listening to the piped in Christian music and eating with other tourist is a nice way to spend the morning. We were joined by the children's grand godpa that morning. 





No comments: