Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Another Week - more thoughts

1 Feb - We are one month into the new year and I have to say, I am still sorting things out in my life. In reality, this week was actually a very busy but happy one for many reasons. Firstly, is the consideration of my physical well being. The reality of my health is that with age and my condition, I would need to be active in my exercise [in particular, resistance exercises] and very careful in my food. I am thankful that Daniel took the lead and prodded me along this path. So the first step, was to reduce the carbo and fat in my diet. That means, loading and filling myself with vegetables. That wasn't too difficult, but it is clearly a demolishing of the adage teachings I was brought up with - "finish everything on your plate". Hahaha...I can't believe how much of this teaching I really held on to. I.e - Leaving food on the plate is wasting food and wasting food is ungratefulness, consider the people in Africa. Sounds familiar? I think I literally ate everything on my plate...all the time, thinking that this is the right thing to do. Don't get me wrong, all food is good as Christ as said in the Bible. But instead of letting the food laid on the plate dictate us, we can make simple decisions to choose our food and discipline our bodies such that food, or anything else does not control us. Secondly, was to slowly incorporate a consistent exercise regime, and one that includes weights training. Resistance training is particular important for me in order to build my muscles and ensure that my bones stay healthy and that they do not deteriorate as fast. Darrell and Dr Chua turned my fitness instructors for a day as they showed me the ropes around the gym. It was fun until 2 days later when the aches started to set in. Hahah...
Of course, did I mention that we also undertook a major cleanout in our house - disposing the unwanted and organizing the rest of the house. The event that kicked off our renovation was not the approaching CNY but the purchase of a king size bed to accommodate our Goldilocks. Well, you see, every night, Sarah would wake up in the middle of the night, eyes closed and arms outstretched and ask to come onto our bed. So, 3 of us would be squashed up in bed and at strange angles, often waking up to aches and pains in the morning. So we had to clear our old bed, move our furniture to fit the new bed into the room and lay our new sheets and start our new night regime. Now, Samuel and Sarah rolls around on our bed till exhaustion. And exhaustion, I mean Daniel and my exhaustion:)

So for all the activity of the week, I am glad the days went on as they should:)

Mon - Little Sarah turns 2 years and 9 months. We remembered to celebrate Sarah's birthday this month, after missing it during the festive months of Nov and Dec. Little Sarah is indeed becoming a big girl. She decides when she wants to be a big girl and when she wants to be a small girl. She becomes a big girl when she wants to sit on a chair and not in her high chair. She becomes a big girl when she wants to play with her scissors. She becomes a big girl when she wants to take care of her little brother. She becomes a little girl when she wants mommy to carry her. She becomes a little girl when she is not well. She becomes a little girl when she becomes upset. As Sarah grows, mommy has had her fair share of struggles, frustrations, joys and delights with Sarah. Mommy is still learning everyday...how to love and care and train the growing Sarah in a way that pleases God.  Big girl or little girl....we love you very much Sarah. 

Mon - An Apple a Day...I tried my best to continue with the Apples theme this week. This time, was the introduction of colors and categorization. She is still confused about the names of the colors but she can categorize them with much ease. 

Daddy managed to buy a whole range of apples from GIANT
Sarah learning the parts of the apple and cutting it herself.
Our little Samuel, enjoying the fruits of Sarah's labour.

Tues - Evening at the Beach
We like to go off to the beach when Daddy comes home from work. 


Sarah not looking at the camera and Samuel with sand in his eyes:)

Tues and Thurs - School of Tots.
Yay! We made it through another week of School of Tots. And it has been a great time of learning. This week, they learn about the Sky.


Sarah, obviously enjoying her time in class.

Sun Evening - Sent Rachel off at the airport as she flies off to UK for her attachment. Dear Rachel, may the Lord grant you enlightenment and wisdom to see and taste the true joy of the Lord. If things work out and I am brave enough, I will be seeing you in April. And yes, with the kiddos too:)

No comments: