Friday, January 22, 2010

Ballet Lessons Again


Mommy has just stepped into the Museum [which was 3 min walk away from YMCA] when a call came. It was Miss Teo, Sarah's ballet teacher. "Hello, is this Sarah's mommy?" I think you better come right now cos Sarah is screaming her head off." I think Mommy kinda turned into Superwoman and sprinted right across the street, flew over the steps, skidded right into the lobby and went up the lift. When I entered Studio 9, little Sarah was quietly sitting by the big mirrors. The minute she saw me, she walked right to me and stuck herself to my left thigh. Some little girls came and stretched out their tiny hands to welcome Sarah back to the fold. [They are so sweet:)] So for the rest of the lessons, Sarah and Mommy danced along together...galloped and hopped. It was fun for mommy too. And the little girls were so nice to welcome the new huge adult into their class. Sarah did finally pry herself away from Mommy when she heard Miss Teo offer candies to obedient ballerinas. After that, she was happily back in the fold, strutting her stuff.

Mother's Relief: Honestly, knowing that I am not paying an arm and foot for each lesson has helped me much in accepting her participation or in this incident, her non- participation. But it's great, cos, this gives me a good excuse for staying around each lesson and watching my little daughter enjoy her ballet class. Only a crowbar can pry me away now...hahah

No comments: