Monday, October 19, 2009

The Pressing Things on My Heart and Mind - Part 2

As I embark on this journey of relearning, I am inevitably confronted with the issue of my children's education. And along with it a myriad of questions which seem to hint at bleak revelations. What is education? Where does education eventually lead one to? How does one learn? How should one learn? Why should one learn? In the entries following this, I will record my thoughts and learnings and research in this area.

The good news is, thankfully, that Sarah and Samuel have not yet been ushered into any systems of 'learning' and what a blessing it is. The children can only learn with joy and imbibe with no strings attached. I am so excited for them but daunted with the responsibility ahead. Together with Daniel [more honestly, counting on Dan], we hope to play an instrumental role in charting their journey of learning - in understanding and knowing God and God's Word and God's World so that we can be of use to our Saviour.

No comments: