Monday, October 19, 2009

The Pressing Things on My Heart and Mind - Part 1

As I slowly understand that the life that we have and the world that we live in are to be understood as a big complete picture of the life that God has given as well as God's world in which we live, I am also realizing how little I really know and how 'uneducated' I really am. For the longest time, the education that we have been exposed to [both secular and spiritual], was merely innovating different pedagogical methods for us to memorize immense amount of information without much reality. Perhaps, the only reason we did seem successful is because we have learnt to regurgitate that information professionally over time and appeared as if we really believed it. The motivation of 'success' both secular and spiritual is the current that ebbs us in this direction of learning. The form and functionality of education, we have, but the power of a reasonable and sound mind, we sorely lack, and a transformed life in Christ, we have not yet known.

The feeling is immense and desperate at times. I feel that I am racing against time to relearn God's Word and to relearn God's World. For myself and my children. The piling & foundational works are tedious, painful, backbreaking and visibly fruitless. But they are vital and life-saving if our lives, family and church are to depend on it. May God help us - to give life, time and perseverance to pursue truth and knowledge not for its own sake, but because truth liberates and gives genuine life in Christ.

No comments: