Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Week

It was a week to tie up the final clean up of our house. Clearing old furniture and making way for the new. I always like design - art, paper, colors and house, so...even with all the moving and clearing, it was enjoyable but exhausting. We created more corners and nooks for reading and fellowship. We have a wonderful corner in our bedroom, with our wing chair [a deal that I bought from craiglist], our big bookcase, a sheepskin and a lamp. Our dining room has finally regained its glory after standing in as a makeshift storeroom. And our balcony has gotten a new facelift with new tables, seats and I think we are going to add in some bamboo plants just to complete the look. So, with the many areas in our house for sitting, reading and sipping tea, we are ready to open the doors of our humble house not just to our Chinese New Year visitors, but to wonderful time of fellowship over God's word and organic tea:) and biscuits. I am really looking forward to that. It has been a week of blessings.

Tues & Thurs - Teaching this series in school of Tots has again taught me much and I will share this in a later entry. This week, I taught about the water. We dabbled with objects that floated and sinked, we looked at the uses of water and how it is so important to life. We had fun with water - ice cubes and blue berries, bubbles, ice lollies and swimming pool:) And I am glad that the tots could hide God's word in their hearts and thank Him for making water.



Wed - BSF has commenced again. And this time, our group members [CC and I are in the same group] are all young mothers or wives just like us. And they are a nice lot. I look forward again to lying down on the green pastures and sitting beside the still waters. 

Fri - Audrey and Hian Leng popped by for a visit. They are god-given friends who delight to spend time together with us, discussing about God, the Bible and His work. We praise and thank God that He is at work, awakening souls to question the fallacies and trappings of man-made traditions, moralism and legalism and pointing them towards the truth of His word.



Sat - The most exciting event of the week for the kids has got to be Darrell's birthday. Little Sarah told her ballet teacher about the party and was greeted by a puzzled stare. Well...the kids were excited anyway. So here we are at our usual Sat breakfast hangout, Sarah sticking stickers onto the homemade card and Samuel coloring it. 


The prata man right inside our house. And it was good!






Sun - Daddy's 66th Birthday cum Family Reunion

This probably kick started the eating festivity for the CNY. I was glad for the dinner at home. It has been 2 years since my mother whipped up a storm. 2008 being my illness and 2009 being my daddy's. For both years running, my family celebrated reunion dinner at the hospital. As my daddy prayed before our reunion dinner, I could hear the overwhelming gratitude in his heart as he thanked God for health of his children and his grandchildren. And I am filled with gratitude too...






2 comments:

Mark Cranfield said...

Thank you for the posting picture of Wai Fung & I, very nice. Let me know when the Biscuits are being opened !!!!

joannteo said...

Hi Mark,

You & Auntie Fung are most welcome anytime at our modest home for tea and fellowship:) You can be the 1st to open our biscuits.