Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Lord Guides me Step by Step


I am again awed and overwhelmed to know how God is concern for every aspect of my life. In my previous post [2 post ago], as I sought to commit my reading and learning to Him...my thoughts and questions were many. I was sure I needed to start but I wasn't sure where to start because it seemed like a plethora of information to 'conquer'. As I was at a Christian bookroom, looking to buy books for someone's birthday, a book caught my attention. When I went home that day, and read through the preface and the first few chapters - I was again very very overwhelmed with my need. I finally knew where I was to start - A study of God, His character and His attributes. This wasn't new to me. In fact, I have attempted to do so without much impetus. But perhaps, I never made it through because my intention or rather my ambition was to 'conquer' the information. But that day, the desire was as fresh as the morning dew and the insight was as clear as the morning light. And I know that this desire does not come from me because it is so 'unnatural' for me. I now know why I want to pursue this reading - because knowing who God is makes all the difference in how I would live my life as a wife, a mother, and as a member of the body of Christ and most importantly, as a child of my heavenly Father and LORD, to whom I owe everything. I am so excited...

"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places.." Ephesians 1:17-20


1 comment:

Chiao Chyi said...

looks like a very interesting book :)