Friday, January 23, 2009

To God Be the Glory - It Has Been A Year

Exactly 1 year ago on this very day 21st Jan 2008, my life [and my family's] came to an 'apparent' abrupt stop. It was the day when my routine gynae check discovered a cyst that would prove to be malignant. Never would I have imagined the events that would unfold in the days to come.  As the words in Ron Hamilton's old song read, 'I could not see through the shadows ahead' - I truly understood what the song writer meant. During those days, I could not see past the days and weeks and the months ahead. The uniqueness of our situation gave us no precedence to follow. We were truly desperate and helpless people with only God whom we could depend, His word which we could rest upon and His Holy Spirit as our guide. Each step ahead for my family was thus very lonely, difficult and painful. But praise be to God whose promises never fail. As we sought desperately and pleaded relentlessly with the Lord in Word and in prayer, He established our path so that our feet would not slip. Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip. I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech. Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You , From those who rise up against them. " Psalm 17:5-7 Each step He revealed in our difficult path drew us closer to knowing who He really is. What a mighty God we serve! Let us praise and bless His Name for truly, He alone is excellent in all His wisdom, love and holiness. 

Brothers and sisters in Christ, friends and youths, NOTHING ever happens that our all knowing and all loving God has not allowed to happen. Accord blame to no one and nothing for that is not our task to do when placed in a fiery trial. God has only called us to be faithful to Him and to be clean before Him at all times so that when we finally meet Him, our life on earth and that in heaven is not one that is worlds apart but rather, it would be like it has always been. I write this entry as a 'standing stone' to remind myself and all of us that God has done a great and miraculous work within our midst and He will continue to do it in our lifetime because His coming is near. Let not anything overshadow this fact nor let no one rob God of the glory and praise that is due to His holy and loving name. For the rest of my life [and whatever the Lord gives to me], I will hold up the banner of His glory high and wave it, so all may know that He is God. May God's glory never be undermine. 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 Together with my husband and children, we look forward to the life ahead that He has charted out for us. Do pray with us that God would sustain our lives and as we seek the Lord's direction in our lives. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank everyone in BFC who have laboured in prayers and tears for me, visited me, loved and cared for me and even cooked for me and my family. 

I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
Psalm 119:75-77


Remember, It is always about God, not us. 'God's glory is always the issue' Jim Berg 

p/s If you would like to receive updates about my health, my family and the Lord's leading in our lives and if we could have the privilege to be included in your prayer list, please email me at teo.joann@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you:)

No comments: