Friday, January 25, 2008

Chapter Two - The Comfort of Our Lord

As the floodgates flowed, I felt comforted in Daniel's arms. But more wonderful was literally the immediate comfort my Lord gave me. He brought to rememberance the great work He did in my life 12 years ago - and reminded me of how He walked so close to me when I was 19 years of age. Perhaps, this was a chapter in my life that was unknown to many. Having made a fiasco of my JC years and not being able to obtain the necessary requirements for entry into local university, my life came to an abrupt stop. Those were truly rebellious years in my life - I was away from God, my family and church. I did not even see the importance of fulfilling my responsibilities as a student. My decision to retake my A levels as a private candidate was considered bold in many people's eyes but to me, it wasn't an option. It was what I had to do in order to rededicate my life to Him and love my God with all my heart, my mind and my soul.
That year was truly precious. Every morning was spent in God's word and talking to Him. I literally felt Him holding my hand each step of the way during those days. There was also much time to restore my fellowship with my parents which was in bad shape because of the priority I gave to my friends at school. Morning exercises with my daddy and having meals at home everyday with mommy and daddy were precious. The Lord blesses our obedience however we stray, if only we return. That milestone or perhaps more aptly 'millstone' 11 years ago has been a pillar of rememberance - just as how God reminds us to remember how He delivered the Israelites out of the land of Egypt.

Now 12 years later, it is another trying situation but praise be to God, it is still the SAME GOD who loves and comforts His children.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

No comments: