Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our Chalkboard Wall

This week, another area of our house is ready - the chalkboard wall that fronts our porch. I had some protesters [husband included] when I decided to ask our contractor to spray the front wall a stark black with chalkboard spray. I have always wanted a big chalkboard wall but would like it out of the house. And the wall was perfect - it officially turns our front porch to the kids outdoor art area - when they can do chalk, paint and play playdoh without me screaming at them for destroying our furniture:) It will still be challenging I foresee. Of course, it gives me a great opportunity for me to introduce house rules. This week was really a learning week for the kids as they learn to clean up after themselves - even pack their own beds. 

And the bonus - it makes a great backdrop for photo taking:)

No comments: