Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Finally Seriously Cooking

It took a long time but...nevertheless it happened - I am seriously cooking. And I realize that it's massive - not just the cooking part. But in organizing the kitchen, having the necessary utensils, separating the crockery for handling of raw food from cooked food, buying glass containers which are not harmful for storage, reading and understanding the basics of how spices work and slowly stocking up my pantry making it ready for whipping a quick meal and recording down the recipes onto stock cards so that I can free my mental ram from a mental clog. So this is my next project and as Dan advised me wisely- Not just learn how to cook surefire recipes but to understand and master the basics of cooking and thus develop for myself, the art of cooking. And in doing so, to enjoy the full liberties of creativity and bringing joy to my 'gobblers'.

So in the midst of hitting the books and experimenting, these are some surefire meals:) Still waiting for my oven to be installed. So in the meantime, it's crockpot and stove cooked food. 

Chicken Kway Teow Soup
Kiddo's Version: Chicken Kway Teow Soup

Teochew Porridge and Sweet Potato
 Steam Chicken, Steam Salmon, Kailan, Cabbage, 
Egg and Pork Omelette and Fishcake and Cheese Toufou. 

Spaghetti with Salmon
Poached egg and Cheese
Cauliflower Puree Soup

Fish Congee with Wolf Berries 

Organic Soba tossed in Organic Tahini and Miso
 Pan Fried Salmon
 Cauliflower Puree Soup

No comments: