Friday, February 18, 2011

Their Nightly Pilgrimage

Lovely white beds, newly upholstered tiny sofa and armchair, and a shelf of books, toys and a picture of Postman Pat adorns the room of Sarah and Samuel. Haha...but it seems that nothing would prevent them from their nightly pilgrimage to Dan and my room. I laugh at it now...but I admit, initially I was determine to put them back into their room. I would pat them endlessly and tuck them in. But to no avail.

So these days, I just let it happen. And I find them so amusing and cute. Sarah would always make the pilgrimage first at about 1 or 2 am. She would stare into my face with tears in her eyes. I will scoop her up and place her in the middle of the bed. Then Little Sammy would come in about 5 am. The first time he did was very hilariously cute. I felt a slight weight at my foot and opened my tired eyes to see his favorite bolster and pillow [the very smelly one] at the foot of my bed. But when he is not in sight, I jumped up quickly, fearing that he had ventured to other parts of the house without my knowing. But then, I would hear the pattering of his feet. Sammy would go in and out of his room and enter my room to unload his 3 bolsters, 2 pillows, 1 puppy beanie, 1 Bob the Builder and his blanket onto our beds. Yup, he is a boy with many security blankets. His would make 4 trips to bring in his belongings before trying to haul his tiny body up into our king size bed. Then, he would just place himself between me and Sarah and close his eyes. Yup, so these are my nights and these are their nightly pilgrimages. 

Thankfully, they still enjoy their naps in their room:)

1 comment:

Chiao Chyi said...

Well Hannah gives me 3 taps on the shoulder almost every night to let me know she has invited herself in again :)