Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Rhyme Bible Book: The Day Jesus Died

I have been reading the Rhyme Bible Book to Sarah almost every night before she goes to bed - totally at her request:) I do wonder when she would ever get bored of it, but I think I should be delighted that she loves the book. It has become those necessary things before bedtime. We always try to end each story with a song and Sarah likes to sing along. I have decided to blog about this regularly because I hope to record the stories that she enjoys and it comes in phases. At one time, it was "A Sick Girl" - the story of how Jesus raised the little girl who fell sick. Sarah really liked the happy ending when the girl was well with her daddy and mommy. Then, it was "The Special Baby" because she likes the words "Clipety Clop" which begins the story and the song "Little Baby in a Manager" which we sing at the end of the story.

These few weeks, it is "The Day Jesus Died". Sarah is very quiet and observant when it comes to the page where Jesus is hung on the cross with his head bent low. She would stare at the picture and point to the nails. Each of them - and there are 3. She would place her finger there and look at me. Mommy would say, "Pain". She would move from the left hand, to the right hand and then to Jesus' feet. Sometimes, I would try to explain that it was painful because those were nails and that Jesus died for you and me. One time, she pointed to the loin cloth of Jesus and said, "Ribbon":) We would end off the night singing one of my favorite choruses - At the Cross. It has also since become one of Sarah's favorite.

At the cross, at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burden of my heart rolled away
It was there by faith I received my sight
And now I am happy all the day.

May little Sarah and Samuel come to know the Lord and all that He has done for them.

No comments: