Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bible Study Fellowship

Today was the last day of BSF for 2009 and looking back at how CC and me found ourselves into this group – I can only say that God provides all things, in His time and in His way. It all started from a thought, to a desire that grew within me to study God’s word wholeheartedly, to an invitation that was unsolicited and to finally getting a place in BSF.

2009 is really a year of recollection, of remembrance, of reading and of having the opportunity to meditate on who God is and what He has done in my life. It is a year of lying in green pastures and sitting beside the still waters and getting to know my God all over again. What a privilege it has been...

As I sat quietly during my first session and listened to my group members share their answers of the study of Exodus, my heart was moved. It really isn’t about right and wrong answers anymore. Perhaps, it never was. But it is the developing of a personal relationship with the Lord, who himself is the only Way, the embodiment of Truth itself and real living Life. That alone is so precious and valued by God Himself. To hear others testify of God’s grace, mercy and faithfulness is very overwhelming to me. Though I hardly knew anyone, they felt so close to me because of the wonderful God we all knew.

As we sung this hymn at the closing of the session, I could not help the tears that welled up in my eyes. How apt it is for us to part by blessing one another with God’s blessings. Truly, God be with you all till we meet again….

God be with you till we meet again,

By His counsels guide, uphold you,

With His sheep securely fold you,

God be with you till we meet again.

Till we meet, till we meet,

Till we meet at Jesus’ feet;

Till we meet, till we meet,

God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again,

’Neath His wings securely hide you,

Daily manna still provide you,

God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again,

When life’s perils thick confound you,

Put His arms unfailing round you,

God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again,

Keep love’s banner floating o’er you,

Smite death’s threat’ning wave before you,
God be with you till we meet again.


2 comments:

Mark Cranfield said...

Pleased you are also enjoying BSF, we men also had our last session this week. Study of Moses life has been full of wonderful lessons. Looking forward to the book of John.

joannteo said...

Hi Mark,

Yes, I have been so blessed by BSF. A special thanks to Auntie Fung for extending the invitation to us. Look forward to catching up with your family during Gong Gong's birthday:)