Saturday, November 07, 2009

Reading Reading and More Reading

It's interesting how one's reading habits are continually evolving. I use to think I need to finish a book from cover to cover to really think I have mastered the contents of the book. I would in the past dutifully go back and forth and back and forth to recover lost content as my strayed while reading. But of course, mastering may not mean understanding fully what the author has intended. Almost never in my case. I am really so amazed at the relevance of several books at one time and how they seem to be interconnected. Nothing escapes God's plan and sovereign working - even the books we read. Reading is truly an important exercise that strengthens, builds and enriches one's mind and soul and equips one to worship and serve God.

I am thankful to have my thursdays off - off from kids and my computer. To be able to read over a cup of tea and cookies is a blessing and a much needed exercise for me - if I were to be useful for the Lord.

Current reads for me:


As I move to relearning and educating myself, I find myself moving into the realm of understanding what education is and then I find myself naturally searching for how then to really educate my children. And that brings me back to a full circle of what motherhood really is and it ends up with understanding who we are in Christ and what God has meant for each of us to do. Amazing amazing amazing.

No comments: