Thursday, November 20, 2008

Week 1

It is exciting to let God take over your schedule cos it never goes wrong. As Dan and I prayed for Him to arrange our time, smses came and the appointments 'naturally' fell into place for the week.
Last Wed - Visitors from school
Really so nice to see these people. Azlan, Mr Champion and Mr Muthu. They all attended my church wedding and dinner celebration. Mr Champion (middle) was the very first teacher I met when I entered into teaching. He looked really formidable then...haha. But, he's one of the nicest person I have ever met.


Wednesday - Suping dropped by for a visit
We had lunch at Kushinbo and then it was a simple afternoon at my place. She had just returned from a 4 month working tour at Yellowstone Park. Just so wonderful to hear her exciting adventures in the US. I really enjoy talking to her cos she is really 'bubbling' in Christ. She will be starting her PHD in Jan - probably on the topic of 'spiders'! To Jie Jie Suping: Sarah, Samuel and Hannah are looking forward to those special guided 'spider' tours of Sungei Buloh and other nature places in Singapore:)


Thursday - Visiting Yixiang's grandma. 
This was a visit that I knew I had to make when I was better. Yixuan, Yixiang's grandma and the rest of the family popped into my mind several times since Feb. Well, I am so thankful that we could make this visit. Although YX grandma's walking is impeded, she is amazingly sharp and knew who Daniel, Sarah and I was. She even asked where Samuel was. I pray that the Lord would reveal Himself in a special way to everyone in this family and that this household would be given entirely to the Lord. Dear Yixiang, continue to plead on bended knees for your family and never be too busy for that. Our great God delights to save them and nothing is impossible for Him.
"Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy. 
He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, 
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him." 
Psalm 126:5-6

 
Sat Morning - Hannah's Wedding
I thank God for this dear colleague. I have spent wonderful times praying with Hannah who also loves God. I think it was just 2 years ago that we prayed for that special someone for her and well...our God is one who answers prayers. It is truly a blessing to be able to attend her wedding - the service really blessed my heart and it was so wonderful to see my colleagues and ex-students again.




Saturday Evening - Samuel's 4th Month Celebration. It's amazing that it has been 4 months since Samuel was born. Looking at how well formed and perfect he is  - I can only praise God. A true miracle! 

Sunday Evening - Visiting Sis Meow Noi. As I was having my afternoon nap, her name popped into mind. And I have learnt through these many months, never to ignore these thoughts. So, I decided to drop her an sms. When she told me that she had hoped to speak to Daniel and myself on Sunday morning but couldn't catch us, I knew that God had meant for us to meet. It was a blessed time as she asked questions about her condition and whether she should go for chemotherapy. Daniel explained to her medically what it all meant and we were so glad that we could pray together with her to seek the Lord's wisdom and to remember that God is in control of this seemingly difficult situation. Please remember Sis Meow Noi in prayer. She has been diagnosed with Stage 1A ovarian cancer just like me and would be undergoing chemotherapy real soon. 

No comments: