Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov 10th - Praise be to God

CA reading - 10.7

As I walked into Prof Tay's office that day, he was beaming from ear to ear. "That's the reading I am looking for," he said. I have walked into that same office many times this year and many times, the news that greeted me is one of great magnitude and gravity. But I know that God walks into that room with me everytime. What a comfort amidst the raging storm to know that God is not only with you but He is the one to command the storm to stop. 
I will strive to remember this day not for this day alone, but because God kept all His promises to me as I desperately clung unto them throughout this year.
"For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you"  
Hebrew 13:5

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. 
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, 
Nor shall the flame scorch you." 
Isaiah 43:2

To my dear children, princess Sarah and miracle Samuel (also to my family, relatives, friends, colleagues and students), the God that Daddy and Mommy trust is the one true God. He has proved Himself over and over again in our lives that He indeed is the unique One who is worthy of all our praise. As both of you grow up and would read through this precious blog, may you come to know Him as your very own Saviour and Lord. 

I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, 

And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, 

According to Your word to Your servant.

 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; 

For Your law is my delight.

Psalm 119:75-77

[thanks ChiaoChyi for bringing these verses to mind]

No comments: