Thursday, November 06, 2008

Blessed 30th Birthday My Dear Husband

I thank God that He has chosen you for me right from the start. I cannot imagine having someone else as my  husband. You are God's choice for me and the best for me.

I have always thought that I would be the physically strong one who would take care of you, but never would I have imagined that you would take care of me - physically, spiritually and in every way. The daily night massages, the drives around Singapore, the little surprises and just simply wanting to be with me everyday have meant so much to me. Thank you for telling me that I am the most beautiful person [other than Sarah] in the world even though my hair was all gone during chemo. Thank you telling me that you love me very very very much. Thank you for being my pillar and my strength when the load seems so heavy to bear.

This year has been an 'incredible' year for the both of us in every sense of the word.  But I really marvel and praise God when I see how you run to Him in every step of the narrow path that He has charted out for us because "it is the most natural thing" for you to do. As I see your confidence in our LORD, my confidence in Him remained unmoved.  It still amazes me how you desire His Word at all times and steal pockets of time to read His word everywhere you go using that little brown pocket bible of yours. And more so, how essential it is in your life for you to pray and talk to your beloved Father. Even little Sarah knows not to disturb you when you talk to Him.  

My prayer - is that God would be merciful to us and our family and our church - that He would give me many days ahead, so that I can be a helpmate, a companion, a confidante, a sparring partner to you, and a mother to our lovely children.

We love you very very much! 
Blessed Birthday to the bestest husband and daddy!
 Sarah, Samuel & Mommy

No comments: