Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our Navy Seal with A Great Sense of Style


Since the beginning of this year, Sarah has put together her own outfits and I must say, she has a great sense of style. 

But what fascinates me even more is what her Daddy calls the "Navy Seal" quality. This gal has a great memory and she can really react fast in desperate situations. 

At Linvilla Orchards, she could negotiate mazes fast and well. Once Sarah heads towards a path and it meets a dead end, she is able to register that route in her mind and avoid it later. So, Sarah heads out of the maze first, ahead of the rest of the family. 

Just today, we were searching for her fave box of cereal and I was heading over to some far away aisle looking for it. Sarah shouted, "Mommy, it's over here beside your green tea". This amazed me because last week, I was at the supermarket with her to buy my green tea and we passed those cereal boxes but never bought any of them. And she remembered. She has repeated this memory prowess so many other times.

Sarah is my trusty partner when we do our chores or shop for groceries because I can be such a scatter brain and I need her to remind me where I left my things. Because she observes where I place my things and she remembers and she reminds me.

Her ability to react in desperate situations has also 'saved' her. Last week, I was in the pool with Sarah and Sammy. As Sammy climbed precariously into the adult pool [with his float on], I kept my eye right on him in case he missed a step. Unknown to me, Sarah had dived into the adult pool. Unknown to both of us, she had removed her float. Suddenly, I heard, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I turned my head swiftly to see a panic stricken Sarah. But amazingly, she wasn't sinking, she was treading water and pushing her hands frantically and she was actually swimming in the adult pool. But not for long, before I caught her. When we reached the end of the pool, we were both flabbergasted. Gasping between her breath, she said "Mommy, I had no idea I jumped into the pool without my float!" I didn't know!" 

I was speechless. Thankful for God's protection but speechless. I could only hug her and know that because it was Sarah, all is well. 

That's Sarah, and I think she inherited her Navy Seal stuff from Daddy, definitely not from me. 

No comments: