Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our Curious George with A Great Sense of Humor


As I was focussing my camera on the monkey bar rings to try to capture an artistic shot, an unmistakable cackle shot into my right ear. Ignoring it, I continued to try to get my camera to focus on the ring amidst the noisy leafy background. The loud cackle rang again. This time, I swung my camera towards the cackle generator and this is what I got - *Sammy*. 

"Mommy" *cackle cackle cackle cackle* "Why are you taking a picture of that ring?" *cackle cackle cackle* "That's so silly" *cackle cackle cackle*

This is my son with a good dose of humor [definitely inherited from me]. 

He cackles at all my jokes and songs. The last song I came up with, which was just yesterday at the sand beach facing beautiful Lake Ontario, gave him the cackles

"We are building a castle for the King and the Queen
We are building a castle so the enemy won't come in
We are building a castle so that everybody
Can live happily ever after"

It ain't take a poet or a musician to know that it is an awfully slapstick song. Sarah rolled her eyes at me and Sammy just cackled and cackled and cackled. 

But for the 90% of the time he is not cackling, he is raising my hair and temper:) 

One day, we were all tired from a whole day out at Dufferin and all of us were resting our feet when Sarah and Sammy spotted a photo booth. They love to play in a photo booth - I figure it is the curtains and the small box that they like - a feeling of being in a little house or castle. They entertain themselves sufficiently independently on their own in a photo booth. A few minutes later, I decided to look up and from the corner of my eye, I saw something swinging. To my muted horror *because I was really tired*, our dear Sammy has decided grab hold the edge of the black curtain and wrap his entire body around it, and started swinging back and forth. Imagine a little boy swinging in and out of the photo booth. Sigh, because I really wanted to sit down. Sigh, because I didn't want to expend any more energy scolding him. Sigh...with a stern warning, he was kinda caught and made to stand by our side. 

But I have to admit, as Dan and I recalled Sammy's antics as we lay down to rest that night, we had stitches just laughing over his antics. 

That's our curious george - always getting into some sort of trouble of some sort - with a distinct cackle. 



No comments: