Sunday, September 05, 2010

It was our 8th Wedding Anniversary and 16 years since we first dated.

It was Chiao Chyi who first reminded me that it was our wedding anniversary the next day. Hahah...I can't believe it slipped my mind. I must clarify, it seems like Dan and I have been doing everything together all the time that, well... it was another ordinary special day. Kids were happily with their grandparents and Darrell while Dan and I went for a simple pomfret fish steamboat, listened to a sermon together, and headed for a meeting before heading home to play with our kiddos. As it was, an ordinary special day:)

These 8 years, I think our marriage experienced the full weight of these words in our marriage vow - In sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as long as we both shall live, till death do us part. Believe it or not, I think I had the better end of the deal even when I was the one going through the operations and the treatment. I think it is far tougher to watch your loved one experience pain than than for one to experience it personally. 

I thank God for starting us early :) - contrary to views against early dating. And I pray that for the remaining years we have for Him, that we as a family would be able to understand, appreciate and rejoice in the gospel in its entirety and believe the gospel with our lives by allowing it to pervade every theology we hold and to preach the gospel boldly to whoever He leads us to. And in our parenting, that we can train and bring up our children so that they can in turn carry on the heritage of God's good news to their families, their friends and to their world. 




No comments: