Thursday, March 18, 2010

We are Heading for a Big Holiday - *Gulp*


These few nights, I have been busy reading up and trying to understand the Great Britain and it is truly great and expansive. Well, I have never been there and researching from scratch is a massive task. Phew! But of course, I consider it a privilege to be able to labour on this. 

We are heading there under the pretext of Daniel's examinations and we will be touring there for a good 3 weeks in May [apparently a good time cos it is the start of spring and before the crowds fill into England]. I admit, I was very apprehensive bringing Sarah and Samuel on such long haul flights and a long trip. But the more I read, the more I am persuaded and appeased at the promises of a good trip. Of course, Daniel stated the aim of the trip and I modified it:) 

So, our big holiday has these 3 aims
  • To walk through Christian Church History in UK and either Scotland or Switzerland. 
  • To allow Sarah and Samuel to experience the sights and sounds of a great land and have a whale of a time. 
  • To imbibe in the literary richness that this land has to offer. 
I am in the process of working out an itinerary and considering appropriate accommodation, travel options etc. I hope before we leave, to be able to post our itinerary on my blog so you can follow us when we travel. This is not to forget the packing list and kids travel entertainment considerations and safety. So, I will be busy, busy and busy but in a good sense:)

No comments: