Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Teacher's Day Celebrations 2005

The day that seemingly makes all the pain, heartaches and mental stress worth it - Teacher's Day. 'Politically correctly' speaking - it really doesn't matter if students don't give you anything, as long as they have learnt and moved on in life. Unpolitically speaking, the little presents, thoughts and gestures really make your day. Some snapshots for the day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Shuhui, Yaling, Swee Keng, me and Karen.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My USSS students. Omar [left] is the one who owes me milo dinosaur. Haha, now with your face on my blog, there is no escaping.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My kiddos from USSS 4E3 [class of 2004]. I am really glad to see that so many have moved on well in their lives.
I can never imagine myself saying this but '3E4 rocks!'
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think 3E4 outdid themselves this year. I happen to be the teacher who is blessed to be on the receiving end of their outpouring love.
The Story of the Surprise
[After the concert, hanging around, chatting and taking pictures with ex-students]
Zhixuan: [trying to look frantic] Mrs Tan, Mrs Tan, people are fighting in the class!
Mrs Tan: [being her perceptive self, she rolls her eyes and immediately smells a rat] So do I have to break out into a run?
Ana: *laughs* really, really
Mrs Tan: ok, I will pretend to run to class.
Ana and Zhixuan grabs Mrs Tan's things and they tried to run to class.
As Mrs Tan walks in, students started to sing a song.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So, Mrs Tan sits on a chair to appreciate.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
She is then presented with stuffed toys from Winnie the Pooh - Piglet [Mrs Tan] and Eeyore [Mr Tan] and a little handcarry bag. Even Mr Tan received a present. The students insisted that eeyore represented Mr Tan. I think it is my cheeks and Dan's hair.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's not all, there is also a beautifully drawn shirt. I like that a lot. Very meaningful [internal sobbing]
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
This was followed by a wonderful slide presentation of the class. Hilarious and surely a lot of man hours was invested into that effort. Thanks to whoever worked through the night for that. It will leave wonderful memories for me. The slide presentation ended with the song which they sang. During the reprise [kids, please use Webster if you need to clarify meaning], they brought out a chocolate cake.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*Applause* Thanks*Candle Blowing*Wish Making* - 3e4 started to realize that Mrs Tan is having too good a time after all the torturing she has done to them. That is when the battle ensued.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, all I can say is that 3E4, you have impressed me with your spontaniety. I am sure there were a clear few masterminds - thank you girls.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Happy teacher's day to all of you out there, especially my Christian teacher compatriots! It is a calling, a passion, a vocation. Let us walk worthy of the calling, and continue on, knowing that our labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lunch at food court with ex-students
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our Teacher's Day dinner at Park Royal Plaza (tropica theme)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joann,How are you?Are u in touxh with Swee Keng?where is she now?