Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Speech Day cum National Day Celebrations

A little belated but Happy Birthday Singapore! Sigh...I did wish that the students appreciated the nation a little more. But praise be to God for the prosperity and freedom of worship He has bestowed to Singapore. I think we cannot start imagining the persecution faced by other Christians in other parts of the world. There is much responsibility for us, as Christians in Singapore to be used of the Lord for His glory.
Well, despite the not-so-enthusiastic celebrations, I was glad to see my USSS students return for their prize giving ceremony. USSS's pride and joy...let me introduce you to them. BFC Youthies, their results can make some of you blush. FTP students [my dear 3E4], diligence and humility can make a whole lot of difference. From the left is our top student -Zheng YuanHang [7A1s], Hu Guang [6A1s], Shah Jahan [excelled in Tamil and English], Ian Ling, who looks real hip now [best in Science] and Penny [part of USSS even though I did not teach her]. Congrats guys! You deserve every bit of it!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All the best in all your future endeavours! I am glad our paths have crossed in the lovely school, nestled near Potong Pasir. In all your pursuit of life, ambition, and fun...remember your creator God who loves you. There is more to life than all of life's pursuits.

No comments: