Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My Ponderings in Chiang Mai

How should a Christian respond to the bestowment of honor and reward? Should we shy away from it to remain humble and spotless from the world? Or should we be like Daniel and Joseph of the Old Testament who accepted their lot in life as part of God's larger plan and used their position to fulfill His great purpose?That was the tip of the iceberg of my thoughts as I spent my time in Chiang Mai. My instinctive natural reaction is to reject all semblence of honor and glory. It was a time of questioning, exercising of the mind and the searching of God's will in my life. But first, I had to align myself according to His word.
Where am I heading to or what do I hope to achieve out of my vocation as a teacher? Accepting this position would mean that I would not have a form class. Sigh...it is a great privilege to be a form teacher. I have always relished the opportunity. It was not often easy...it takes up much of your life and sometimes, the 'sins' of your classes are deemed as a result of your lack of guidance. But nevertheless, it was a clear avenue and wonderful opportunity to communicate and hopefully impart good values and reach out to the lost teenagers. In place of these responsibilities, a greater part of the time will deal with planning and organizing programs for the school at large. It was a struggle because I have always wanted to be at the ground. The change in job scope was a struggle for me.
Though this was my supposed barrier, the more important things I needed to consider was :
  • Would taking this up affect my commitment to my family?
  • Would taking this up affect my role as a wife to my husband and home?
  • Would taking this up affect my ministry in church?

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank God for His creation - Another view of Chiang Dao Nest. That's where I did my premlinary sorting of thoughts.

Final verdict: There was no resounding No or Yes. That made it all the more difficult for me to punch me fist in the air and say Amen! But it was a very peaceful conclusion - to follow where He leads and through the opportunities He gives. I feel that while I am aware of His leading, I cannot steer it. Just like drifting along the currents of the river. But all I know now is to be faithful with what He has given me and to continue to glorify Him in all that He has given me as long as my basic responsibilities are well covered.

No comments: