Monday, May 09, 2005

Hectic Weekend 7th-8th May

Walking along the corridors in school, I was greeted with unusual choruses of, "Did we fail our English?" "Cher, finished marking?" Thus armed with a noble and far-fetched ambition, I lugged home a truck load of exam papers. Alas, I have yet babysat them again. But it was a thoroughly enjoyable, blessed and tiring weekend.

Saturday
0800 - Sent Daniel off to Sembawang
1000 - Rest. Practiced songs for worship
1220 - Left for church
1400 - Wedding
1630 - Went to Shangri-La to pick up cake
1730 - Far East Flora to buy flowers
1900 - Junction 8 to buy card and dinner
2000 - Had dinner with Hubby
2030 - Went home to prepare flowers
2200 - Delivered flowers and cake to mommy
2400 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The pink ladies in the wedding chorale. Bride, Daphne and me.
I simply love weddings. Having the privilege to serve the Lord through singing is indeed a blessing. I was blessed by the songs chosen by the wedding couple.

My prayers for the newly-weds: That this is indeed the beginning of a journey together as a couple. A journey that will only bring them nearer to God as they help each other to fulfill their ministries within and out of church. That they would walk by faith and not by sight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
A home-made bouquet of purple tulips for me mommy and mom-in-law[For the record, rel, I no steal no idea of yours, bleah].


Prayer and thanksgiving: Dear Lord, I cannot thank you enough for my mommy. I think that you have specially chosen us for each other. I can't imagine having another daddy, another mommy or another sister. My plea is that we would all rejoice together in heaven. You are not willing that any should perish. I ask that you place a great and disturbing burden in my heart about my parent's salvation. That I would not rest but will persist and knock on your door until You choose to answer my prayer


Sunday
0800 - Picked Daniel up at Sembawang. Heavy downpour and guess what, wind screen wiper fell off like a cockroach antenna. Haha. Glad God kept me safe till I reached my destination.
0930 - Off to church
1000 - Worship Service
1130 - Mother's Day Service
1230 - Lunch
1430 - Special Speaker - Dr Diarra. I admit I was one of the skeptics but he came across as an intelligent and a down-to-earth doctor whom the Lord has used in His greater plan.
1630 - Went home
1800 - Mother's Day dinner - Ubin seafood
2000- A stroll
2200 - Knock out! zzzzzzz
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mom-in-law and presents from her sons and me.


DJ's Week-end Philosophy - This is not a natural philosophy but a reality which we experienced week after week. Weekends to me hubby and me are really not times of rest. They are really time spent in ministry and serving the Lord through worship and minstering to people. The more you try to fight for time to rest and seclude, the more frustrated you will be. Trust me. I have tried this to much avail. Never try to bring too much work home, it will only haunt you and not relieve you! In fact, weekdays are the best times to rest! If you don't believe me, try it.



No comments: