Monday, May 21, 2012

Sarah and Sammy have been Enjoying

The Cat in the Hat Knows a lot about That


Interesting how I found Dr Seuss too quirky for me when I was younger and I think I never ever read one of his books. But it seems like I have been reading lots of it to Sarah and Sammy. Especially Sammy. He loves Cat in the Hat and when I asked him what sort of decorations would he like for his 4th birthday, he said "Cat in the Hat". Haha....I think they will be hard to find.

The new series The Cat in the Hat Knows Alot About that DVD is great - educational, catchy and lots of fun. I have been discovering alot of these at our national library and they seem brand new much to my delight. It serves as a great platform for discussion about wildlife and their behavior. This morning, we started on two topics introduced in the DVD -  The Salmon's Journey and Hibernation. 

As an after lunch activity, we looked at some youtube videos to corroborate what we learnt about Salmons' Upstream Journey and Hibernation. I thought these were quite good. 

Life Cycle of a Salmon [Discovery Channel] http://www.safeshare.tv/v/5DqjsWsY8-g
Hibernation [Sesame Street] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wRDZLcEs4

We are all enjoying this series. 

No comments: