Thursday, June 02, 2011

Mommy! There is a Moth!

I was in the bathroom one evening when I heard a terrible racket. Sarah and Sammy were yelling at the top of their voices much to my displeasure. I thought that our teachings about elegance, poise and gentlemanly behavior had fallen on deaf ears. The yelling crescendoed and I realized that one shouting kid was just yelling outside my bathroom door. 

Behind the door, I heard Sarah yell, "Mommy, a mouse, a mouse!" That word made me jump. When I opened the door, I cried, "A mouse?!" Sarah looked at me and enunciated her words in an amusing fashion, "No, mommy, a moth!" I was quite ready to spank them for all that hollering becausemoths, insects and flying creatures were usual sights around our new place. 

I went downstairs with Sarah in tow to find out what the other shouting kid was doing. That was when realize what the racket was all about. The kids were busy. Very busy in their Operation - Get - Rid - of Moth. Hahaha
The perpetrator: The Moth with eaten wings

The Hero with a glimmer of mischief in his eye

The Hero - Hard at Work determined to eliminate the moth perched high on our kitchen cabinet

The Hero - Fixing up his Wipe-o-Moth

A closeup of the Wipe-o-Moth

The Hero fires off

So that's the tale of the moth and two very excited and determined kiddos. Made my night.
Disclaimer: This is entirely not staged. And the characters are real:)

No comments: