Sunday, November 07, 2010

Who Jesus is to Sarah and Samuel

Sarah and Samuel have been learning truths about Jesus consistently throughout their BSF time. I do admit, that sometimes I wonder how their little minds, could grappling with all those truths found in the Book of John and at the same time,  trying to decode letters and words. Cos their mommy is finding the  Book of John a very rich and profound book indeed.

Just a couple of months ago, Sarah was sitting in her carseat and she blurted out, "I Love Jesus." Daniel and I did a head turn. "Sure", we thought in our minds. Just like how she 'loved' 101 other things. Then she said it again, "I love Jesus". "Just like how you love Daddy and Mommy?" I probed. Sarah nodded and our car journey continued. Mommy pondered and kept Sarah's declaration in her heart. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, Sarah, sitting in her carseat again said, "Jesus is my Father." Hmmm...that made me stopped a little longer than the first declaration a couple months back. This was the same Sarah who was religious about names. What do I mean? When she was two, I would tell her, "You are my darling". Sarah's response took me aback. Because she started to cry angrily, "No...No, I am Sarah, I am not darling." Another time, I remembered telling her that Mommy's Chinese Name is Xiu'en, she cried angrily again and said, "No....You are Mommy Joann." So, as you can see, Sarah is a stickler for names.  Daddy Daniel is very precious to Sarah and it seems no one can take his place. So when she said and repeated that Jesus is my Father...it made me pause and ponder and keep this declaration in my heart. 

Sammy has been learning truths...perhaps without as much understand as his older sister. But it amuses me all the same...he came into the car last week, repeating, "Feed my lambs"...Hahah.

I am thankful for BSF where the children are taught faithfully God's truth. These truths have been so precious to me and they indeed hold my feet when the world beneath seems to crumble. 

No comments: