Thursday, February 05, 2009

Jesus I am Resting Resting

I truly treasured those times during my teenage years when I could sit by my piano, play and sing as a form of worship and prayer unto my Lord. The privilege of doing this was especially precious to me during those times when the burdens in life seem so difficult to bear. Those moments are like...the Lord leading me beside the still waters and making me lie down in green pastures. And as the Psalmist so aptly puts it that if we take time to remember that our Lord is the Good Shepherd who will not abandon His sheep but will gather them in His arms, He will"restore my soul."

Daniel and I love this old hymn and it is also nice to know that it is one of Hudson Taylor's favourite hymn. Hudson Taylor had learned that for him, only one life was possible - just that blessed life of resting and rejoicing in the Lord under all circumstances, while God dealt with difficulties inwards and outward, great and small. 


Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.

O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed!

Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ’neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace.


My song and prayer to my God 
- done in the stillness of the night and with my Big 'Mac'


My Song - Tan Family

No comments: