Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Thanksgiving for 2008

Thank you God for ....EVERYTHING
For allowing me to learn about life and all its realities;
The vitality and purposefulness of life in the midst of its' brevity and hopelessness
The rejoicing of life renewed and anew in the midst of sorrow and pain

Thank you God for teaching me the one most important lesson that 
"In You alone, I should please"
For freeing me from the cumbersome burdens of obligations on all fronts
Oh, what liberty there is in Christ - if only we live to please Him alone
Liberty in friendships, liberty in engagements, 
Liberty in worship, Liberty in service
Liberty in conversations, liberty in all I do and say

Thank you God for the year of pruning, cutting, throwing and sowing
For literally removing everything that is unnecessary in my life
If I would have done it myself, it would have taken another lifetime
I pray, only fill and replace it now with what you deem is necessary

Thank you God. Thank you

"I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end."
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

No comments: