Monday, June 23, 2008

Chapter 13: Hearing & Obeying the Voice of God

This chapter is a necessary prelude to the next chapters - or more aptly in our lives to come. Hearing the voice of the Lord has truly been a precious and personal experience to me and my husband during this journey of faith and trust in our Great God. I am not referring here to visions or a voice that booms out from clouds - but it is the clear speaking of the Lord to our hearts as we search His Word and plead desperately to Him to reveal His will in our situation. The more we read His revealed word and depend and cast all our dependence onto Him, the clearer we hear His voice. The Holy Spirit quickens His Word and they take on a real and practical meaning in our lives. It was truly untaught lessons of practical FAITH.
It has indeed been a great comfort that I cannot describe. Is it because of our holiness that God speaks? Perhaps to the prophets and men of old - but in my situation, I think God chose to speak to me clearly because it was His way of showing me His abundant grace and mercy in time of need. To hear His voice at each hurdle of this journey was so vital to us because each decision had a huge stake attached to it - life itself. We couldn't make u-turns here.
After hearing the voice of God, the next step was to take those steps of faith, OBEY & FOLLOW along the path that God has paved for us. What a journey it has been...we could have only done it with the Lord on our side. And we only ask Him to give us the strength and courage to continue along His ordained path.

No comments: