Thursday, September 06, 2007

There's A Wideness in God's Mercy

There's a wideness in God's mercy, like the wideness of the sea;
There's a kindness in His justice,which is more than liberty.
There is welcome for the sinner,and more graces for the good;
There is mercy with the Savior; there is healing in his blood.
But we make His love too narrow by false limits of our own
And we magnify His strictness with a zeal, He will not own
For the love of God is broader, than the measure of man's mind;
And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind.
If our love were but more simple, we should take him at his word;
And our lives would be more loving in the likeness, in the likeness of the Lord.
Looking at the expansive Indian Ocean, I am reminded of the extent of God's faithfulness and mercy in my life. The dates 31st Aug and 1st Sept are significant to me in many ways. Firstly, it is Teacher's Day, secondly, it is my wedding anniversary date and more poignantly, it was the day that I bled while Sarah was only 6 weeks old. That was just last year when I felt the world spinning and my mind went fuzzy as I tried to hail a taxi from Taka to Thomson Medical. The incident is still vivid in my mind as it was only a year ago. But so much seems to have transpired. God kept Sarah alive within me. It still is amazing whenever I think of it. This is an example of the pillar of fire by night and the cloud by day for me. I am truly reminded of His presence in my life. The love of God is truly broader than what we can fathom. All praise and glory be given to Him!

No comments: