Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One Nerve Wrecking Sat Afternoon

Darrell, my little-big BIL has never failed to add excitment or shall I say anxiety into my life.
Darrell, "Jie, are you free on Sat afternoon?"
Me reply warily, "Erm.., ya...why?"

Well, that was the start of an interesting afternoon cos Darrell, me and hubby were signed up for a Funan Mall Supermarket Sweep. Wah! I wanted to back out of it (yes, I admit, I am a cowardy custard)...it was nerve wrecking but I have got to admit, it was really fun. This is how the game goes. A team of 3 has to comb the mall in 33 mins and accumlate purchases of $3333.30 from ten different shops. The team that comes as close to it wins! It does sound simple but it was mind boggling. Thankfully, the brainwork was done by Hubby and rel and me did the calculating.
The time bomb! And let's welcome Team 2 - Darrell, Hubby and me *clap clap*
Guess wat, we won 1st prize! hahahaha. We were the only team to accumulate $3333.30 in 24 mins. But the second group came a close second by accumalating $3333.23 in 22 mins. And yes, that's me hubby and his ridiculous pose!

No comments: