Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Morning with Uncle Amos & Family

Uncle Amos - He is the one who brought me and my sister to church when we were tiny [5 & 6 yrs old respectively]. I remembered the times when me and sis wanted to stay at home and watch cartoons instead of going to church...we would never fail to receive a phone call from him. We dreaded those phone calls...but we would trudge off to church the very next week. As a young adult, bringing 2 children to church can be a little burdensome, especially when he had to travel from the east (where he was staying) to the west (when we were staying then). On top of that, considering the amount of social activities that a young eligible man has, children can be trapping. But Uncle Amos was cool. He took us along with his dates and meeting up with friends after church. So we had our fair share of waffle ice-cream, Hans, Jack's place etc. Not to mention, cute children ;) are wonderful ice-breakers too. Till this day, me and sis can never forget the time, money he has invested in our lives, and more importantly for introducing us to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Meet my Uncle Amos, Auntie Maggie and me cousins at Halia.
A gamely pose before the forest trail.
More poses
Finally, up close and personal with the swans. Well, never knew Botanic Gardens can be so much fun!

No comments: