Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Start the Calorie Counter....
I have made a resolution not to hide my age, (are you sure Joann? It can be especially difficult because you hit the big aunty '3' this year). Well, to explain my brave decision - as I had a 2 week rest at the start of Term 3, it had allowed me to reflect upon God's goodness and blessings in my life. From 'O' levels, to 'A' levels, to university, to MOE, to USSS , to marriage and to FTPSS...God has led me and guided my path for 30 years. But I am sure you can't tell, right? I look like 18, RIGHT?? My age is a reminder and a living testimony of the extent of God's work in my life. I thank God for His love through His grace, through my family, through church, through friends and through my work.
1st celebration - Joint Bday with SK & gals, Syl, Katoh, Shaz and Yaya at Seah Street Deli- her's 17th, mine is 18th.
The super rich indulgent chocolate cake.
Check out the yao lo [hungry savages]
2nd celebration - Sis and BIL [brother-in-law] interrupted my sleepy evening on the eve of my birthday with a durian cake.
Sis and me looking pretty squashed.
3rd celebration - Mom and Dad in-law and little brother in laws at [yawn ...1 am]
Me looking rather puffed up at 1 am...Darrell and me

A touching card and touching present. Darrell bought me the same thing last year, but I lost it (oops). So he bought me the same thing again this year....thank u rel.

I take my hat off the going-to-be married couple. In the midst of their busyness, they had time to search for a beautiful dust buster for their [da-sao-chu]. Haha...it was really very funny. But it is going to be funnier on 3rd Sept...hahahehehoho.
4th celebration - Thank you 4E4. I kept totally mum about my bday...but someone remembered. They hid it pretty well. HL tried asking me if I could give her tuition on Tues just to see if I would be in school or away on a course. Pretty sneaky, I didnt figure that out. But when I stepped out of the lift and headed to the class, things were pretty obvious. Their heads were popping out of the windows and trying to spot me from afar. Silly kids...don't they know that for the past 2 years, they have never been so excited to see me. I didnt want to spoil the party. Then almost too abruptly, the fans were switched off. When I looked up, about 3 students were missing. They have disappeared by the back door probably trying to light up the cake and all. But I enjoyed it anyway. I like this class photo very much. You can virtually see everyone's face. Everyone was present, except Lynn who was stuck in detention room because she was late for school (a pity). Sigh...I think I am going to miss this class when they leave.

They overdid themselves this year by buying 2 cakes. The chocolate one from Secret Recipe was especially yummy.

The gifts they bought me really impressed me cos I felt that they were really meaningful. You see, I walk around school carrying a 1 litre drinking jug and drink right out from it. During one of the oral practices, they looked appalled to see me drink directly out of the jug. This penguin water dispenser would ensure that you would drink 8 glasses of water a day. I really like it and the thought that went along. Quek En bought me this minnie mouse cup...hmm...I wonder if that was inspired by Hong Kong Disneyland. Thank you 4E4...I can't wait to use the gifts.
A box of gifts from teachers in the department...Thank u!
Finally, dinner at night with hubby.

No comments: