Thursday, April 27, 2006

My Favourite and Only Sis

Digging through my old wedding montage...found this nice photo. That's my sis and little me. When I was young, as inferred earlier....I was quite a mousy. Always hiding behind her back and lurking in her shadows. Actually, I still am pretty mousy. But no one believes me now. Especially not my students. Anyway, I miss jie. Interesting piece of good news came in on Monday...and normally, she would be the first person I would call. But she is on a 1 month holiday in Europe...felt a little lost.

Latest sms from Europe: "Heh bee! I got u a gold color strap birkenstork! Its reali reali nice n very cheap..."
I remembered asking my class about their relationship with their sibling(s). It was an oral practice. At this stafe, teenagers seem to value friends more than their siblings and most of the time, teenagers just don't get along with their sibling(s). For most of them, that is. Come to think about it, my sis and I were a little like that. We were like chopsticks till 13-14 yrs of age. Then, we started to make our own friends and lived our own lives. I am very thankful that in recent years, my relationship with my sister has been very precious and it grew richer and stronger as we grew in age, as we grew through the difficulties in work place, as we grew through the trials we faced in our Christian walk...I really thank God for my sis. Can't imagine another one or not having one.
To think that there is One who sticks closer than a brother (sister), we can't even fathom the love of Christ for us. To all of you out there, cherish your family, your siblings...if you don't...make real effort to do so. It is worth it.

No comments: