Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A year older and a few kgs heavier

This year's birthday celebration was filled with family, friends and food. Well, I thank the Lord for all these years...almost 3 decades old (I guess when your age is splashed across the papers, there's no way to hide it). Much has happened over a span of these years - trials, difficulties and victories. But I am confident of this very thing, "that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ". It is really exciting to see the Lord work year after year and I look forward to where He leads in this coming year.

My birthday prayers:

  • That my mother would come to know the Lord as her personal Lord and Savior
  • In the strength of the Lord and to his glory alone, that I can be a testimony in school, to my students and colleagues
  • That the Lord will continue to lead the DJ Family

Birthday Celebrations [For interest sake, you can start mentally computing the calories...]

15th July - A very short trip to Sofitel, JB [our favourite haunt]

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

yummy food at restaurant Kim Long. Over-the-moon Daniel and his sultan durian

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Breakfast at Sofitel. Bread Galore

17th July - Hi-Tea at Intercontinental with Mommy and Daddy [camera shy]

18th July - Happy Birthday to me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Midnight. Ready to sleep. Doorbell sang its embarassing tune. Door opened to present a happy family. Darrell popped the champagne [non-alcoholic] bottle. David held the cake and Mom-in-law and Dad-in-law were armed with fruits, cups and plates. What a sweet way to start my new year! I thank God for all of them. 1 st Cake

20th July - Birthday Celebration in School

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

2nd Cake - a gift from Dency and Chunghowe. 3rd/4th? Cake- Sharon bought me 2 little cakes

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My pals from USSS and Logan.

23rd July - A birthday cake surprise from the Ice-Cream Making Sunday School Class

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5th cake - Aren't these girls sweet?

25th July - A birthday treat from Naz (sob, sob) with her first pay (wail, wail...*shoulders shaking*)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Swensen's Baked salmon rice. Shah Jahan and the earthquake

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's Naz and Me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The memorable 1st pay treat by my student [*howl, howl....sniffle*].

Rose plant, Oakleys and Calories.....except for the calories, I hope my presents can last more than a year.

No comments: