Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sarah goes for Mandarin Speech & Drama Class

Sarah is into her 3rd session by this week and she loves every minute of it - the teaching, the art and craft, the song and dance, the shirt, the bag and the supper [old changkee fishball] that comes after that. 

During our very first session, she was disapproving of me sending her to class. She bathed and ate her dinner well but she reminded me, "Mommy, I don't want to go." Silently resolute, I was determined to bring her:) So we decided to take the mrt for the 'thrill' factor'. As we had to arrive at class at 7:15 for the first session, Sarah did a mighty sprint from our house towards the mrt. It was a long run but she did remarkably well - leaving me catching my breath most of the time. The train was crowded with many eager to return to their home cooked dinner. Within 10 mins, we have arrived at our destination. Sarah reminds me again as we approached the door of her Mandarin Centre, "Mommy, I don't want to go." 

As she stepped into the place and saw other young tots, the kitchen set and coloring materials, suddenly, she adapted like a fish released into the water and soon, she was playing alone, without mommy. 

For the next 1.5 hours, she was ushered from the teaching area, to the art and craft area and lastly to the dance studio. By the end of the session, Sarah was ready to go for her second session. 

I was glad that turned out real well...now Tues Evenings to her Mandarin Class is a fixture that Sarah looks forward to...and even Didi Sammy. 
I love this picture of my little girl going to class.

No comments: