Friday, June 11, 2010

*Our Heart Melt Moment*

This happened a couple of weeks ago when we returned from UK.

Daddy: "So Sarah, would you like to go to London again or stay in Singapore?"
Sarah: "I want to be with Daddy and Mommy." 

For Sarah to be able to communicate with us is a joy. For her to communicate to us with such sweet and honest words are truly a blessing.

As I busy this week with some camp preparation and the daily responsibilities, I continue to return to www.sheepdogger.blogspot.com and it was more tearful reading as I am directed to http://www.theelishafoundation.org/blog/ which tells more stories about parents who are 'bestowed' with special needs children. Many of these kids cannot and never will be able to tell their Daddies or Mommies, "I love you" but the parents plough on in this mostly unreciprocated relationship. This reading always puts my feet on the ground even as I get carried away with lofty ideals for my children. This reading also always directs my gratitude to the Lord for my kids. God glorifying words dispels discontentment, strife and unhappiness but encourages gratitude, brokenness and humility in the Lord. 

A most fitting song as we think of children, abled or disabled:

Jesus loves the children
ALL the children of the world.

No comments: