Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Precious Truth #3: I love my hubby very much


Though it was a simple procedure done many times a day, the possibility of me not seeing my husband again loomed in my mind. He had dropped me off at the hospital earlier and went back to work. As I was wheeled into the operating theatre 15 minutes ahead of time, I quickly called Daniel on my handphone. "I am on the road", he replied frantically. I felt worried for him because I was sure he would want to see me before I was wheeled into the theatre. As I stared at the bright theatre lights, I could sense his worry. He told me later that he was very sullen when he arrived at the hospital and I was already in the theatre.

I asked the Lord to show His grace and mercy. The Lord did. With the prayers of my family and many loved ones, I felt that I was ushered so smoothly into the procedure and in no time, the doctors were shaking me, 'Wake up, Joann'.

Throughout this time, I knew it was hard for him. Being a doctor meant that you knew the various permutations associated with every condition. Being a husband meant that you would worry for your wife and the pain she was going through. On top of that, working woes and other responsibilites laid a heavy weight on him. In the midst of all this busyness, his time with God is not compromised. he has always challenged me likewise. What I truly love and admire about my husband is his determined love for God. During quizzes in camp, he took it as a personal challenge to answer all questions and recited quotes from his favourite book because it indicated much about the personal relationship he had with his God.

In a few months time, it would be our 4th anniversary. Thank you dear Lord so much for another year ahead together...
In Joy and in Sorrow
In Sickness and in Health
Till death do us part

No comments: