Saturday, March 05, 2005

My Afterthoughts of O Levels

28th Feb 2005

Tearing the result slips at 10:30 am, I was at a loss for words. Confused. Excited. Disappointed. Having been with this batch since my days in NIE, things were a little more nostalgic and perhaps more emotional. Haha...these were my students who had addressed me from the days of Miss Teo to the confusing days of Mrs Teo..Ms Tan. I wanted them to do well or maybe deep within me, I hope that I could make a difference and help them out in life. From 'Beauty and the Beast' at the omnimax theatre, to 'Show and Tell', to IPW at Bidadari Cemetery and to 'Short Cuts', we have worked hard, real hard, well at least for the majority.

It was a true blessing to see some cry and scream for joy. But my heart ached to see faces fall and tears shed. Could I have made more of a difference? I really don't know. But dear Lord, I do really hope that I have been faithful to the calling which you have called me to.

Dear students of 4E3 and 4E6, choose your future and path carefully. Tread wisely. Whichever way you decide, use your youth to your advantage. Pursue, Learn, Fall and Pick Up, Pursue, Learn, Fall and Pick up...[you get the picture] There are no short cuts in life. But along your way of life, you will learn more lessons. Lessons beyond the books, lessons that deal with life and the true meaning of life. Remember
, when that time comes and you are searching....I am still your teacher, Mrs Tan.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world,
and loses his own soul?
Matthew 16:26

No comments: